The Disc Golf Streak, Day 2455 (Osage)

Day 2455

Beautiful, perfect weather today so we got up early and squeezed in a round at Osage before Owen's graduation party.  Very crowded, but groups let us play through so it wasn't bad.  Both threw reasonably well, Danny was 4-under (shorts to short baskets).

Haven't updated the streak in the past month, mostly we've been doing Wed night club handicap league (throwing at Osage this Wed) and throwing at home.

Lots of people celebrate aces, we also celebrate the first time one of us birdies a hole.  Osage, Hole 8, Red tee to Pin B (original long).  I don't think I've ever birdied this hole, but he got it today with a great Wraith drive followed by a 40-50' uphill putt.  Course was crowded so I didn't stop for a picture there so instead I got this one on the next teepad:

 


He snagged my old Gstar Wraith a week or two ago and has done wonders with it.  It's fun to watch him throw my old discs much better than I ever did (he probably bags a half-dozen of my old discs).

Our Wed league rounds have gotten pretty competitive this year -- he has his own partner Rob Glover -- and he's beaten me once, tied me once and most of the others have just been a stroke or two difference.  He's made huge improvements this year.  My distance advantage over him has shrunk down to almost nil.  As of 5/21 our handicaps are 54.3 and 56.0 so my average advantage is down to about a stroke and a half per round.  Fun to watch.

Comments