The Disc Golf Streak, Day 2154 (The Young, The Old & The Ladies @ Burg, Dan tourney ace)

Day 2154

We keep throwing every day but I haven't been writing much lately.  Most of the time we throw club league on Wed nights at different courses and that is our "competitive" play.  And of course we play a ton of rounds at Turkey Ridge.

But we signed up for a tournament this weekend . . . The Young, The Old and the Ladies (another tourney by Josh Terwilleger and Crossover Disc Golf).  Worked for us since I'm masters age and Danny is still "the young" so I played MP40 and he played rec.  Smaller field today since Josh had another tournament the day before at Burg, but that was just fine with us.  Course was not crowded and we had a good time.

I threw with Josh & Darryl Whitaker and Danny threw with a couple juniors -- Kyle & Elijah Reynolds and also Nick Toyeas.  We both really enjoyed our cards.  It was a good day for golf . . . it was too warm and humid but it's summertime so what do you expect?

Danny threw great for him and scored his highest rated round yet (886).  Throwing league every week has really helped him improve his game.  He ended up third in rec and won some Crossover Cash that he used on a disc, chalk bag and hat.

I threw kind of poorly for two-thirds of the round (26 hole round) and then when I stepped up to Hole 21 -- the island hole -- I aced it.  I was stunned when it happened . . . it was a good throw and tracking toward the basket but I was still surprised.  Was an in-the-air ace and it stuck solidly.   My first tournament ace.  Nick on Danny's card also had an ace so we split the ace fund . . . and Hole 21 was a CTP so I collected that too.

Anyway, after a very mediocre round up to that point the ace woke me up and I managed three more birdies on the next five holes so I ended up going 5-down over the last six holes which got to me 4-under on the day.

Which ended up being "important" because I ended up beating Danny by only two strokes.  He's catching up to me a bunch this year.  Anyway, I was pretty happy to salvage a 900+ round from the mess that had been my round up until the ace.

Picture of happy guy who hit an ace:


Good day, good tournament, had a lot of fun.  Another well run Crossover event and it's fun for me to watch Danny continually improve. 👍


Comments