The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1894 (Crossover Fall Fling #2 @ Osage)

Day 1894

So we were supposed to throw Fall Fling #1 at Burg a couple weeks ago but Danny ended up getting pretty sick that weekend so we had to cancel and we signed up for Fall Fling #2 at Osage instead.  That worked out pretty well for us weather wise as we traded in a miserable rainy day for a picture perfect sunny day.

The event was another hosted by Josh Terwilleger -- I truly wonder, is there a more prolific TD in the whole US?  The layout was 25 holes, red tees.  Still always plenty of trouble you can get yourself into at Osage.  Since there weren't many MP40 players Josh just combined us into the MPO division.

Our card was Jeff Armstrong and Troy Ison which was fantastic because they are good buddies and are both great guys to throw with and love playing disc golf just as much as we do.


 

The round went well enough for all, some good mixed with some, uhh, good scrambling.  We started on the letter holes which was good and bad since they can be arbitrary and capricious, however, at least we got them over with early.

Overall for the day Danny threw pretty darn well.  He had a couple of lousy holes early on but he kept grinding away and got some birdies he normally wouldn't so he did reasonably well overall.  He finished with a 78 (+2), Jeff a 74 (-2) and Troy a 72 (-4).

For me, it was an unbelievable day.  I finished with a 62 (-14) and threw a 1001 rated round.  I can't believe I finally threw a 1000-rated round.  Results are below, obviously Josh beat me by a stroke, but geez louise, I don't care!  I did make three C2 putts but looking back on the round I had plenty of other opportunities so my takeaway is that it really didn't take a perfect round to reach that magic 1000 number.  Granted it was on an easier layout . . . but "na na na na na I can't hear you" because I did it and finally accomplished one of my goals -- to throw a 1000-rated tournament round.

 

Danny: I'm very proud of you for being so composed on the course.  You missed a short putt on Hole E and then took a 5 on Hole 3 and didn't let it frustrate you.  You just kept grinding away.  Remember how you said you were glad when I missed my putt on the temp hole after you had made your birdie putt?  😂  I hope you enjoyed running the teepad through the end of the round. 😀

Comments