The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1535 (Grudge Match Championship @ Gulley)

Day 1535

Tied up at 2-2, we took the rubber match of our Grudge Series to Gulley.

Spreadsheet said I had to spot him 9.5 throws . . .

Weather was cooler but nice (55), he started off cold and tried to give me the match on the front 9 . . . I was up 7 strokes through six holes . . . but then he warmed up and played well from then on . . . going into Hole 16 he was still up a half stroke, but with three excellent drives I took strokes from him on each of the last three holes and finished 12 ahead for the 2.5 stroke win.

If Danny ever reads through these entries, what we will truly both remember is that I somehow irresponsibly failed to stop for gas on the way to the course thereby leaving us hoping and praying to make it to the closest gas station after the round.  Somehow we managed to make it and we both agreed it was the best victory of the day! 😀

Comments