The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1462 (4 year anniversary at Winton)

 Day 1462.

Today was Day 1462 -- the 4 year anniversary of the streak.

We decided to go throw Winton after I got off work, figuring we could get a couple quick rounds in after work before it got dark.  Started by warming up together with a round of dubs (14-under).

We started another round and after he birdied the first two and I got pars I said "you're up by 2 after 2, can you hold on and beat me?" He's never beaten me over 18 holes anywhere.  After 18 holes . . . scorecard attached . . . we were tied at 10-under.
 
On to the sudden death playoff. Hole 1 at Winton -- he drives to 20' from the basket, I get mine about 22' away. I make the putt (frankly I was feeling the pressure at that point) and he lines up and hits the pro-side chains and watches it slowly go through the chains, bounce off the bottom of the basket cage and climb up and over the side of the cage.
 
He was actually happy about it since it was his best round there . . . and that was my closest call yet . . . good times . . .
 



 

Comments