The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1436 (League @ Gulley)

Day 1436

Beautiful weather, 80 and clear, low humidity.  Just perfect.  Very calm, almost no wind tonight.

We threw at Gulley with Dave (Marlow) and Ted (Tollefson).  I got off to a rough start when I hit a tree and went into the woods on Hole 2 and took a 5, but the rest of the round went better and plugging away I managed to throw a 3-under (51).  Danny threw pretty well and putted very well and scored a 63.  We were both satisfied with our rounds.  Ted threw great and also scored a 51, kept rocking the Roc all night.

Highlights for Danny were getting two birdies on the front 9 (4 & 6) and making a couple tough par save putts.  I think his prettiest hole was 18 with a good drive for him and a beautiful Comet approach that put him within 10'.  My highlight was Hole 15 with a perfect up-the-gut turnover drive into the perfect position, a perfect backhand Firebird approach (one of few times I've been able to throw a normal approach and not a roller to get around that corner) and an easy putt for the easiest and prettiest three I've ever gotten on that hole.

Good time as always at league.

Comments