The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1408 (League @ Osage)

Day 1408

We threw league at Osage.  Oh my, was it hot.  3:30 in the afternooon, 93 degrees.  Did reds to shorts which isn't really meaningful because "shorts" was mostly longs because of basket placement (i.e. Hole 6 was in Pin D).

I threw poorly today and was bitten by three spit-outs and some bad luck from time to time.  I scored one of my worst rounds.  Had to spot my opponent something like seven strokes . . . and lost to him straight up.

Danny threw great and salvaged our family honor.  He had gotten a new Sidewinder for his birthday last week and threw it for all 18 drives -- and 17 of them were good which is very impressive at Osage.  Definitely was getting better distance than normal -- he put the drive on Hole 3 pin high.  He wasn't perfect by any means and let a few strokes slip away here and there but -- layout adjusted -- this was definitely his best round there.  Previously he had scored a 59 there but 10 of the baskets were in harder positions today.

Nuts and bolts . . . I scored a 58, he threw a 61.  Closest he's ever come to beating me on a real course.

Comments