The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1044 (Flint Hills, Hammond Park and fun, fun, fun)

Day 1044.

"I think I've had the most fun of anyone, Dad."  Every so often he keeps telling me he's winning or he's the champ.  I ask him what he means and he tells me "Ed said whoever has the most fun wins.  I'm winning."

He had his first two round of Worlds today at Flint Technical College and Hammond Park.  It was supposed to start at 9am, but threatening thunderstorms delayed the start until 10 am.  So we got this great rainbow to start the day . . .


He threw well the first round but scored so-so (+2) since he put a couple shots OB.  Threw with Jayden Torres, Jordan Morrow and Jeran Johnston.



Hammond Park is a more technical course and he threw well and scored well (+1).  He didn't miss any putts inside 20' all day and threw good approaches.  He played with Aviar Watson (great disc golf name), Jonas Crowe and Levi Moore.  This was a fun card because everyone was pretty relaxed and casual.



After the round ended almost all of the boys putted and ran around playing for over an hour in the heat having a great time.  We sought out a KFC (he was requesting it for several days now) and then went to the Emporia Family Fun Center and did a couple rounds of putt-putt.  I had a "perfect" round of 15 2's and 3 holes-in-one in my first round.  He was much improved since we last played last fall on vacation.  And he did manage this hole-in-one:
 





Comments