The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1036 (Danny cashes at Osage dubs)

Day 1036.

Today was Danny's birthday.  Of course he wanted to spend his birthday evening playing random dubs at Osage.  Josh volunteered to be his doubles partner for the night which Danny was excited about because he hasn't had a top partner yet this year in the three months he's done random dubs.

I teamed up with Cheryl so we had two Terwilleger-Runk dubs teams.  They got off to a slow start and through nine holes were at par . . . and then (thanks to Josh) they got hot and ended up at 5-under.  (Cheryl and I were 1-down, scorecard below was off.)




We were one of the first groups done so we sat around eating birthday cookies that Josh & Cheryl had brought while we awaited results . . . Danny had never cashed at dubs so he eagerly was asking every team as they came in how they did . . . and in the end their 5-under took fourth place (10-down was the hot round) and they won $18 which Josh told him he could keep.  I was happy to see my polite boy ask him if he was sure he didn't want to split it -- I've ingrained in him a few things including that you always shake hands with your foursome on the last hole (he is always very diligent and eager about this) and you always split winnings and ace pots with your dubs partner.



He was thrilled about cashing and he told me on the way home "that was one of the most fun rounds I've ever thrown."  Needless to say Josh did most of the heavy lifting, but Danny did throw pretty well overall and hit some 20-30' putts.

In other good news, Osage now has the bathrooms installed and just awaiting inspection and not only does it have a drinking fountain but also a filtered and chilled water bottle filler.  Very nice.

Personal notes: traded with Daniel Nelson and got a Jawbreaker Comet, it's a wonderful glidier-than-normal Comet (and that's saying something).  Also, I won $5 in the pre-dubs CTP contest by throwing from the bathrooms into the barn (actually threw through it) and it was even better because Bo Baldrick also got it on his throw right after me.

Another personal note: I was listening to the Moby Dick audiobook at work and when I mentioned it to him he found his junior version of it and read it over three nights. We talked about it on and off, so when I came across this Truth disc I knew I had to get it for his birthday . . .


Comments