The Disc Golf Streak, Day 928 (2 Disc Challenge @ Osage)

Day 928.

Today we participated in the 2 Disc Challenge at Osage hosted by Josh Terwilleger (CROSSover Disc Golf).

This was a doubles event and you could only use two discs and you couldn't share your discs with your partner.  The layout was red tees to a mix of pin positions and because it was muddy we played old hole #1 and three temp holes in lieu of holes #5-8.

I went with a Thunderbird and Banger and Danny chose a Valkyrie and Zone.

It was cold and windy out there to start the day (35 and breezy) and ended up pretty nice (40-ish and sunny).  The wind made it challenging . . . I was so glad that Danny had decided to bring a Zone along.  He made three longer putts that I would have found challenging in the wind, threw some nice approaches that set us up well and kept his drives in good position in the fairway almost all of the time.  Considering the wind and cold I thought he threw really well.

We got to play with Ben & Zach (Arlinghaus) which is always a good thing.  It was funny though because playing with the team that ended up having the hot round of the day at 10-under (44) made me feel like we weren't doing all that well with our 3-under (51), so I was surprised when . . .



. . . we ended up tying for first in the mixed/adult-junior division with Oz and his wife.  Ben & Zack won Open.  This is the first time he and I have cashed as a doubles team. 😀

It was an enjoyable day and this was a great fundraiser for the park as with about 30 teams playing and raising about $450 for the park (which has no outside funding at all).

Edit: played 16 holes at home, I cubby aced hole #3 with a Banger on the anny line.  He throws that line every time with a Judge or Banger so I decided to try a second shot.  First time I've ever thrown that line (has a low ceiling, it's better for short kids) and hit it with the Ti Banger.

Comments