The Disc Golf Streak, Day 900 (casual round @ Johnson Hills)

Day 900.

It's Day 900, Danny asked me yesterday how far I think we've walked playing disc golf during the streak. I said I figured average of 10 holes/day, 400' of walking per hole, 900 days = 682 miles.  I think that's a decent guess.

So today Tim Gottfried wanted to get Poppy out for a round so we met him at Johnson Hills and threw the 9 hole loop in pretty chilly (breezy, 30 degree) conditions.  Casual round we all threw pretty well . . . love the woods of Johnson Hills and it was great getting out with Tim and Poppy.  And Tim & I finally got to finalize our trade (gave him a Ring of Gators for a cool old Cryztal Comet with an Osage stamp, win-win since neither of us throw the discs we traded).



Ran into Pete and Bradley Caldwell as Tim was about to give us a tour of the back 9 himself so we got the guided tour from the course designer himself.  We love wooded courses and the back 9 (8 of 9 are in the woods) is going to be great.  Reminded me a lot of a mix between the woods at Burg and Whispering Cave and I really liked listening to Pete talk about his layout thoughts because it's clear he designed it for golfing rather than throwing ("you should throw a putter or Roc to here so you can approach from here . . . ").  Also really liked how many trees he plans to leave . . . which is going to make it tough . . . which is great because it's going to make it tough.


Comments