The Disc Golf Streak, Day 846 (casual Christmas Eve rounds @ Winton)

Day 846.

Christmas Eve with the day off and everything ready, we decided to go to Winton Woods to enjoy the sunshine (40 degrees) and play a couple rounds.

We jokingly played 5-1 ($5 ace, $1 metal) and while I hit metal first on 10, we ended up tied 2-2 on that front so neither of us owed the other.  He splashed out of the short hole #11 so he just missed the ace -- too bad since it was a pure shot right up the middle with a Banger.

He was throwing under par for sure, but we were more having fun (he threw a bunch of rollers at one stretch and they were good practice) so I think he was about 4-under both rounds and I had rounds of 9-under and 11-under.  He was putting it closer to the pin than me a good number of times (as you'd expect at Winton).

As usual, we just carried our discs so he went Valkyrie, Emac Truth, Banger GT and Judge and I went with TL, Comet, Banger GT and Judge.

He asked to throw the second round so I was glad of that. Glad to see the cold not bothering him today and his stamina increasing as I usually have to talk him into playing nine more holes after one round. 💪😎


Comments