The Disc Golf Streak, Day 831 (Osage Grove Birdie Bash, Ace for Danny)

Day 831.

We love birdie bashes.  We love Osage Grove DGC.  So, we've been looking forward to the Osage Grove Birdie Bash since Josh Terwilleger announced it a few weeks ago.

It was setup with 32 holes ranging from 120' to 180' and quite frankly Josh outdid himself.  He did a lot of work cutting tunnels in the honeysuckle to make interesting approaches, the layout had a good flow and the holes were well designed, interesting shots.  It used the 18 + 9 regular baskets (and another 5) so it was really nice putting on 27/32 regulation baskets.

Danny & I threw with Jason Krueger, Phil Miller and Lamar & Lucas Jackson.

One of the challenges today was staying warm (it was 29 degrees when we started) but the sun was out and it got into the mid-30's by the time we finished, so 10 hand warmers between us and a mug of hot chocolate and we managed to stay fairly comfortable.

Danny threw well -- he managed to snag 11 points . . . 9 birdies and 1 ace!  The ace was on Hole 9, an uphill wooded tunnel about 125' (felt longer since uphill) and his Valkyrie kept gliding and gliding . . . into the right side of the chains.

Pic of hole:


I managed to get 20 out of 32 and relied heavily on my new Banger GT (where had you been my whole life, you sweet, beautiful disc?) and Zone.  This course was short enough that for the "long range" I brought out the Comet and Verdict 3 or 4 times.  Mostly just short driving putter type shots.  Danny went with just his Valkyrie, Truth and Deputy for 95% of his shots.

This was definitely one of the funnest events we've done this year and we can't wait to do it again . . . in the spring . . . when it's 30 degrees warmer.  😃

Edited to add: I can't believe I forgot this part of the day.  So, as we were leaving I texted Meg and told her we were heading home.  I got a text back from her saying "great, see you soon."  Then as we're pulling out of the Osage parking lot I evidently got two texts in a row -- one from Josh and then from Meg and my car read them as one as follows: "Message from Josh Terwilleger: So happy for Danny. I love you."  We laughed so hard and so long about that . . . 

Comments