The Disc Golf Streak, Day 817 (Lost & Found Random Dubs @ Airy)

Day 817.

In an effort to clear out their lost and found, the Nati hosted an event where you paid $20 and randomly picked three discs out of the lost and found (one fast driver, one slower driver and one mid) and you used those along with your own putter for a round at Airy.

Partners were random (Danny had Robert Eilers and I had Eric Kersting) and you could use any of your partner's discs as well.  Danny drew a Champ Beast, Opto Maul and 1x Roc3.  I got a watermelon.  No, I didn't but I wish I had . . . I drew a Raketen, a supper flippy Avenger SS and a Millennium QMS.  I swear every other person had discs better than mine . . . I saw an awesome 3x Thunderbird and collector signature Roc and Halloween Roc . . . and my pride and joy was QMS. LOL

Anyway, after one throw I gave up on the world's flippiest Avenger SS and stuck with the Raketen and QMS which really cut down on decision making . . . do I want to throw the 15 speed or the 4 speed?  Hmmm.

We actually did pretty well throwing a 56 (think this was technically par or one under) and had a great time.  It was a razz round as well, so there was a bit of trash talking, but our card was pretty reserved (card had Nate Slone and Alex Folz who used some funny sound effects on his phone to distract).  But we approached and putted pretty well and drives weren't bad so we finished one stroke out of cash.  Course was terribly muddy and slippery but we managed to navigate without falling.

I don't know what Danny shot, but he said his team used half of his drives so I guess he was a decent enough partner (since putt & approach is usually his strength).

My happy highlight was perusing the lost & found bin afterward (discs for $5 donation to the course maintenance fund) and finding a Cryztal FLX Zone (a limited edition disc) which I had been wanting.

Overall this was a great event -- casual and lots of fun!


Comments