The Disc Golf Streak, Day 716 (Comet magic & Danny > 200')

Day 716.  Quick entry.

Ordered an old Comet off Ebay (X-elite, old stamp, 180g, yellow).  For $9 I thought it was a cool one to add to my Comet collection (my favorite disc).  Walked up to get it from the mailbox with Danny & Lily.  Pulled it out of the mailing envelope at the end of our driveway (about 250' from the garage) and handed the other mail to Lily to hold.  Told them I was aiming at the crabapple tree which was about 225' away.  Threw it flat and aimed it left (this was a used X, figured it would be some beaten in) and watched as it glided on a perfect turnover line to hit dead center on the crabapple trunk (6" trunk diameter?) right at basket height.  Yep, the disc and I are getting along just fine, love those Comets.



Other noteworthy item: Starting a year and a half ago I kept telling Danny that when he could throw 200' he would be my permanent doubles partner.  We have a driveway we throw from down a little hill to a basket 230' away.  Two years ago I was so bad I couldn't reach it with a driver (today it's an easy putter shot).  Anyway, while he's thrown over 200' a few times, tonight was the first time he was within the circle on that basket . . . probably threw it 210'.  Best part is that the throw was nice and easy and smooth . . . no real effort, just came snapping right out of his hand.  Pretty throw with his Blizzard Beast.  So, he was already my dubs partner, but now I guess it is official. 😃

Comments