The Disc Golf Streak, Day 283 (Embshoff & Dunham with Eric)

Day 283 of the streak. Had so much fun taking Danny back to my home course where my love for disc golf first began.

Went with Eric Mathis and Danny to Embshoff and Dunham today (Danny's 16th and 17th courses he's played, Dunham is my 26th). I hadn't been back to this course in at least a decade. Played a round of singles, then a round of triples at Embshoff, then a half-round of triples and a half-round of doubles at Dunham (Danny wore out halfway because of the sun and hot temps).

Embshoff was more challenging than I expected because the trees have grown so much in 30 years. The elevation changes and rolling hills also made it harder to reach holes that should have been easily reachable distances. And those Mach 1 baskets with one set of chains were a real throwback.

Eric loved Dunham because it's open and doesn't really punish you for bad shots (you don't lose discs and still have open shots no matter what). I didn't "love" it, because I love playing wooded courses. But it was fun and well designed and well maintained. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to find discs and throw from the "rough."

Great day for disc golf, first time I've seen any other people out on the courses while we've been out on a weekend in quite a while.


Comments