The Disc Golf Streak, Days 3626-28 (Kereiakes, Chalybeate, Hobson Grove)

Days 3626-28

Took a short family vacation to Mammoth Cave/Bowling Green area and threw a course a day while down there.  Hot humid weather (about 90 degrees).  

First day we went to Kereiakes . . . not particularly long but lots of low ceilings and enough elevation that it was a reasonably challenging course.  Very popular park with lots of walkers so it was a crowded multi-use park.  Basically just park style golf . . . no real chance of losing a disc there.


 

Second day we went to Chalybeate . . . this may have been the worst course we've thrown.  Many of the holes were overgrown (well the cool ones that would have been in the woods), no tee signs, no hole numbers on tees, hard to figure out where baskets were, the holes we could actually follow were out in the wide open field and even if some holes had been maintained much of the design looked very poorly done.  We only went here because it was on the way back from Mammoth Caves and near the gas station where we were getting fried chicken . . . at least the fried chicken was really good.   Upon reflection I should have just taken a picture of the Krispy Krunchy Chicken instead of this.  


 

The third day we went to Hobson Grove and threw the "original" course that goes around the mansion on the hill and this course was very enjoyable.  Old teepads, old tee signs but well designed, challenging without being too long, wooded holes, park style holes, plenty of holes that could be birdied but not a bunch of gimmes . . . and it was nice to have more shade at this course because it was so hot and humid this week.  The course was kind of like an old school version of Millikin Woods.  Hobson is the kind of mid-level fun and challenging course that I/we enjoy more than throwing super difficult championship level courses.  Most of the time I/we would rather go throw a Hobson Grove than an Idlewild.  Anyway, I should have taken a picture with the cool old mansion in it . . . but I just feel fortunate to have remembered to take a picture at all and to have not died from heatstroke.  Got stung (sweat bee?) on Hole 18  while retrieving his disc from the edge of the woods which was the cherry on top of feeling like I was dying from heat exhaustion.

 

 

Looking at these pictures I think the most impressive thing might be that we threw three courses in three days and he was actually wearing a different outfit each day. 😁

 

Comments