The Disc Golf Streak, Days 1831-1832 (Brown County IN, ace Hole #5 at BCCC)

Days 1831-32

Went out to Brown County Indiana for Labor Day weekend and played Deer Run on Sat and Brown County Country Club on Sun.  Weather was good and courses were fun to play.  Went 11-under playing dubs on Deer Run, better than previously I think.

Didn't want to wear my dad out walking too much so we decided to play the front half of BCCC twice -- once for a warmup loop on the green tees and then a second round from the red tees.  I aced Hole 5 from the red tee, probably my best ace on a public access course.  Distance was somewhere around 230' and it was my first skip ace (threw a Wraith forehand).

 

BCCC has continued to improve things every year.   We've played it once a year every year since 2017.  This year what I noticed is that several of the baskets were semi-raised (i.e. had nice basket surround built beneath them) and also quite a few holes were in alternate pin locations we had not seen before.

And every time we visit Deer Run I take Danny's picture with the hanging basket on Hole 10.   I'm pretty sure the basket is getting lower while he is getting taller.

Comments