The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1383 (Practice round @ Airy)

Day 1383

League takes us to Mt Airy this Wed so we decided to throw a weekend practice round there.  Same old story @ Airy -- threw pretty well (practiced singles) and felt pretty good about it overall but scoring was mediocre.  I guess because there are places to mess up but few places to pick up strokes to offset mistakes.

Anyway, we had fun.  Too crowded though . . .

My favorite playing memory of the day was Hole 15.  For his drive he threw his Sidewinder to a good spot out on the hill and then unleashed a monster second throw (Sidewinder again) that put him about 55' from the pin (took a 4 on the hole, 'twas a long putt).  After he threw I told him I was impressed with that shot and he told me "Yeah, as I was ready to throw I could feel the tailwind, so I threw it flat and laid into it because I knew it wasn't going to flip over into the junk on the right side."

It made me think of the line from Norman McLean's "A River Runs Through It" when he talks about Paul's fly fishing style and says "And I realized in the time I was away . . . my brother had become an artist."

Took this picture on Hole 7 because I liked how the Buckeye flowers looked like candles . . .


Comments