The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1046 (Peter Pan)

Day 1046.

Sitting in 6th place after two days, today Danny threw an 18 hole round at Peter Pan in the afternoon (it was hot!).  Danny threw one practice round and really liked the course, so he was looking forward to it.

He threw with Jeran, Jordan & Blake again so I didn't take a new pic, so here's one from yesterday . . .



He threw great, managed 3 birdies and ended up with a +4 (58), rated 824.  This moved him up to fourth after the round.  Highlight of the round was Hole 14 (a 275' fairly open hole) when he put out a nice straight and then hit a 50'+ putt for the deuce.  Well, that was the good highlight.  The bad highlight was Hole 9 when he hit an early tree, tried a forehand and hit the next tree, threw an okay upshot and then hit the putt (20-25'?).  He took a 4 and I thought he was upset -- looked like he was crying -- so I told him it was no big deal and not to get frustrated and he said "No, Dad, I'm not crying, I'm laughing.  I threw those shots . . . and still got a 4."

In the evening we went to the block party -- it was a few foods trucks, some live music and some vending.  Mostly Danny ran around putting on the mini basket with his new friend Liam and while I hung out with Ben for a while and Dan and his wife.

Comments