The Disc Golf Streak, Day 719 (Clermont County Cup @ Burg)

Day 719.

Played in the Clermont County Cup today -- Osage v Burg at the Burg.  10 doubles teams from each course face off in a variety of different formats (alternate throw, worst drive, best shot, best score, etc.) and the team with the most points wins. Seven men's teams, two women's teams and one juniors team.




Danny & Kyle played together in best shot format and from what I gather Kyle was driving well and Danny was putting well and they prevailed by 5 throws.  Highlights included Kyle driving nearly pin high on The Meadow and Danny hitting several 35-45' putts/throw-ins. They were +3 which is pretty darn impressive!



I played worst drive format with Tim Gottfried against Russ Foster and Jeff Eades.  (That's where the other team picks your worst drive and makes you throw from there, best shot after that.) Those guys are really good . . . but somehow Tim & I kept throwing good, consistent shots . . . and Tim kept drilling line drive spin putts . . . and we prevailed by 5 throws.

Overall, however, Osage lost to Burg 5.5 to 4.5 and they re-took the Golden Cup. Until September . . .

[In the interest of full disclosure, this was a complete turnaround from July when Osage won the Golden Cup but both of us lost our matches . . . in July the juniors were shocked and upset by the Eshelman kids ("Down Goes Frazier! Down Goes Frazier!") and my partner and I lost ("Spinks is down again and in serious trouble") but technically my match never happened as my partner & I agreed to never speak again about that match against Jim Ferrera & Jeff Armstrong . . . since it never happened.  Still pulling thorns out of me from that day of alternate throw that never happened. LOL]

[Personal note: pretty sure I had a 400' drive on old Hole 19 today with my Shryke.]

Comments