The Disc Golf Streak, Day 665 (Us @ Osage Dubs)

Day 665 of the streak.

So tonight was one of the best nights of disc golf I've ever enjoyed.

The girls were out so Danny & I decided to go to Osage Grove (Goshen) and play Tues night dubs (I play every week, he played dubs one other time last year).  The weather was horrible this afternoon with heavy thunderstorms so I didn't think we'd end up playing, but the radar showed it clearing up so we drove up in the rain . . . and it cleared up right at 6.

About 10 teams played .  . . it's normally random draw but Nate Patterson (who runs the Tues night dubs) let me & Danny play together.  Because of the wet course the layout tonight was all shorts and we skipped 16.

We threw in a foursome with Kurt & Shauna Lahm.  I had a good feeling about the night when we started 17 with a birdie (ace run) and it just kept on going the whole round.  Danny usually put us in the fairway with his drive and I'd try to improve on that and we were both putting well -- he drove and putted first so he made most of our putts, including a couple from 30' and 35'.  We never got in any real trouble and managed a 6-under, bogey-free round.




I thought we might cash, but our evening was not meant to be *that* glorious as 9-under won and three 8-unders took the cash, but we were quite happy with our round.

If you told me a year ago that Danny & I would throw a 6-under together at Osage and nearly cash . . . even from the shorts, I never would have believed it.  Best part is there's still lots of room for improvement! 😎

Comments

Post a Comment