The Disc Golf Streak, Day 2201 (Friday Night Flights @ Winton Woods, Danny's first 900+ rated round)

Day 2201

Danny saw on discgolfscene that Josh was hosting some one round tournaments on Friday evenings and being late in the year they are being held at Winton Woods since it's short so he wanted to throw.

So I took him to throw (didn't want to throw a tourney at Winton myself) and he played while I hung out with Josh.

He threw with Kyle & Cheryl (and Brenda who had to DNF with a hurting hip) and did very well with an 11-down.  Ended up being rated 918 which is his first 900+ rated round.  Granted Winton is a short easy course . . . but it still requires you to execute good shots and putts so it still means something.

Highlight (in my opinion) had to be him getting a 2 on Hole 4 which is one of the two "long" holes on the course.  He told me he put his drive within 15' . . . not a huge deal but I spent 30+ years throwing there before I could reach that hole and still often don't birdie it.

He ended the round tied with Devon . . . and then lost in a playoff on Hole 1.  But no big deal, he threw well and had fun and enjoyed the experience.

 


(Danny, remember how you threw your Zone into the tall grass on Hole 10 at home this week and it took 2 hours of searching to find it?)

Comments