The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1650 (Crossover Winter Classic @ Osage)

Day 1650

Played our first pdga sanctioned event in a while today -- went to Osage and threw in the Crossover Winter Classic #4.  Had the earliest tee time (8:30) and we threw with Josh & Kyle DeWitt.  It was cold (28 degrees) when we started, but at least the ground was frozen.

I played MP40 so 24 hole layout (letter holes & 19) mostly from blue and Danny played 19 holes from red tees (he just walked the letter holes).  Great day to throw, warmed up as we went along.  Great card, Josh is always great to play with and Kyle was too.  I was impressed with some of Kyle's drives -- he can really get it out there.  Threw one of the best drives I've ever seen on 16 getting it up into the woods for a putt.

Anyway, I threw okay and scored 82 (932 rated) and I don't know how but I managed to tie for 3rd in MP40 and cash (10 person field).  I signed Danny up for juniors (it was cheaper! lol) and he won his division of three kids throwing a 61 (874-rated).  Can't say enough good things about how well he threw, it was a thing of beauty to watch.  We only threw from the same pad three times, but the second time we did (new Hole 15) we all took 4's and he took a 3 throwing the most long and beautiful Leopard3 shot I've ever seen from him.  Looking over the results, he would have cashed in Intermediate.  Very impressive.

Fantastic round from him and a great day.

This pic has nothing to do with our round but was from a week before when we were outside hiking.  I don't take many pics when we golf . . . and I like this pic so here it is. 😀



Comments