The Disc Golf Streak, Day 1369 (Idlewild practie round)

Day 1369

We are starting the club's league in a week-and-a-half so we decided to go down and practice the first course on the list . . . Idlewild -- Original 18, short pads & baskets where available.  Perfect weather, 60 and sunny.  Course was very crowded and rough in spots (lots of rain lately).

We've played Idlewild a handful of times, but always as a doubles team.  Since the league is each of us playing singles (results combined as a team) we practiced singles today.

No shocker -- it's a lot harder playing Idlewild by yourself with no one to help with your mistakes.  There were good shots and holes and bad shots and holes.  Overall it felt like a sloppy round where we were having trouble hitting lines . . . but I ran the numbers and it appears I shot around my average (930-ish) and he shot 820-ish golf (better this his rating which makes sense since he's still improving).

Highlight for "us" was probably both of us taking easy, clean 4's on the 510' uphill wooded tunnel hole (Hole 11).  Felt good high-fiving four shots in a row. 😀  I was also happy to throw three perfect (for me) control hyzer shots on the 1000' hole with an easy up-and-down for a 5 (par).  Just felt good on a day where a lot of it didn't feel good.

Plenty of ugly shots out there too, lots of scrambling and thankfully the trees were not cruel to us today, instead deciding to give us reasonably good kicks.

He's catching up to me.  I did win by (I think) 16 strokes, but he's throwing farther and there were a lot of time where we were progressing along holes side-by-side .  So he's able to keep it somewhat close.

My second or third ever selfie on Hole 19 (thankfully we got to play to the short basket):


Comments