The Disc Golf Streak, Day 889 (Inferno Putting League)

Day 889.

Since Eric is still out of town this week we decided to mix things up and go visit Josh Terwilleger's Inferno putting league at the Old Firehouse Brewery in Williamsburg.

We don't normally head out there since it's so far . . . it ended up being a 55 minute drive just to get out there (35 minutes heading home with no traffic).

We had a great time.  Ladder rounds with team relays in between and he wasn't kidding about it getting your heart rate up and counting as cardio because the relays use only one putter so if you miss you have to run to get it and also because everyone on the relay team is running to get to the next station. Debatable how applicable this is to putting practice, but not debatable that it was fun!

I putted pretty well, Danny struggled round 1 but rounds 2 & 3 were pretty good.  As shown below, I did win the points for the three ladder rounds.


Josh posted this chart on Facebook joking around that they needed the fire hose to cool me off and I wrote this in response, so I want to preserve this gem for posterity:

Oh my Gawd Becky, look at her putt!

I like big putts I can not lie

While you other brothers hate your lie
That when a hurl throws in from an itty bitty space
And a round disc in your face
You get flung, wanna lay up? Tough
Cause you just noticed that putt was stuffed . . .

Comments